World Renown Aquaponics Master Class® – ONLINE
The Aquaponics Master Class from Nelson and Pade, Inc.® is the gold standard of training in aquaponic food production. Participating in this course is essential to understanding of the methods, operations, science and business of aquaponics and indoor farming.
This course was developed over a 20 year period and brings together the most current technology and knowledge on designs and methods, applications, daily operations, the science of aquaponics, greenhouses and indoor farming and the business and economics of aquaponic food production.
When offered as an in-person course, people travelled from 110 countries to attend. With over 30 hours of professionally presented, concise and comprehensive content, the online Aquaponics Master Class includes more information, details and support materials than the original… and it is delivered directly to you, to learn at your own pace and access from anywhere, any time without the cost and stress of travel
Content will be released every few weeks, beginning May 18, 2020. Individual Course modules are also available, but you get them all plus bonus content, prioritized responses and save $296 when you enroll in the Aquaponics Master Class®.
The online Aquaponics Master Class® includes these Courses and Lessons:
- Intro to Aquaponics
- Aquaponic Greenhouse Tour
- Benefits of Aquaponics
- Applications of Aquaponics
- History of Aquaponics
- Aquaponic System Designs and Methods
- Crop Choices
- Daily Operations Overview-A Look at all of the Operational Tasks in an Aquaponic Greenhouse
- A Day in the Life of an Aquaponic Farmer
- System Start up and Fish Acclimation
- Harvesting, Selling, Transplanting and Seeding
- Lettuce Packaging
- Fish feeds; feeding and feed Calculation Process
- Feed Calculations
- Fish Filleting
- Clarifier Maintenance
- Pest Scouting, Identification and Biological pest control
- Water Quality Testing and Analysis
Science of Aquaponics
- Water Quality Dynamics
- Fish Biology
- Fish Feeding and Feed Behaviors
- Fish Disease Control and Treatments
- Plant Biology
- Plant Lighting
- Plant Disease Control and Treatments
- Food Safety and reduced risks in aquaponics
Greenhouses and Indoor Farming
- Greenhouse Selection
- Greenhouse Components
- Greenhouse Design for Aquaponics
- Considerations for growing in a new or existing building
- Environmental Control
- Tips for Greenhouse Construction
- Monitoring and Alarm Systems
- Generator Selection
- Alternative Energy
Commercial Aquaponics Business Considerations, Planning and Economics
- Status of the aquaponics iIndustry
- Commercial aquaponics business
- Planning, Logistics and Implementation
- Startup costs
- Operational costs
- Economics, scale and production
- Show me the numbers?
- ROI, payback and profitability
- Community Benefits and Agri-tourism
- Rules and Regulations
- Building and start up
- FSMA (Food Safety modernization Act)
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Fish processing
- Fish Processing Room
- Produce Processing
- CNG (Certified Naturally Grown)
- USDA Organic
- GAP (Good Agriculture Practices)
- This is an online Course.
- Course content will be released every few weeks, beginning May 18, 2020
- Estimated hours to completion: 35
- Access the course when you want.
- Learn at your own pace.
- To access the course, you need a computer, tablet, phone or other internet device.
- You will be required to set up a user account with 2-Factor Authentication.
- All registrants receive a Certificate of Completion when they complete the course.