If you’ve ever considered farming in a greenhouse, warehouse or other indoor structure, this course is for you! In the Greenhouses and Indoor Farming Online course, you will learn about the benefits, logistics and realities of indoor farming, with a focus on aquaponic food production. Should you chose a greenhouse or warehouse? How do you control the environment? If is profitable? Is it energy efficient? These, and many more questions are answered in this comprehensive and interesting course.
GET IT FREE! Purchase any Nelson and Pade online course now and the course fee will be fully credited when you purchase a Nelson and Pade Aquaponic system in the future.
Estimated time to completion: 3.5 – 4 hours
- Controlled Environment Agriculture Overview
- Inside Look at the Nelson and Pade Aquaponic Greenhouse
- Benefits, Myths and Realities of Indoor Farming
- Monitoring, Alarms and Redundancy
- Greenhouse Planning and Construction
- Construction Materials and Tips
- Construction Sequence
- Greenhouse Energy Efficiency and Alternative Energy
Key Concepts Covered
- Definition of Controlled Environment Agriculture
- Comparison between greenhouse and warehouse farming
- Indoor Farming: benefits, myths and realities
- Urban indoor farming
- Greenhouse Selection
- Environmental control equipment
- Avoiding failures with monitors and alarms
- Greenhouse heating, cooling and ventilation
- Greenhouse planning
- Infrastructure and utility needs
- Construction methods and sequence
- Energy Efficiency
- Alternative energy
Downloadable Course Materials
- Energy Conservation
- Greenhouse Heating Systems
- Insect SCreening
- Internal and External Greenhouse Curtains
- Purchasing a Greenhouse
- Ventilating and Cooling Greenhouses
- This is an online Course
- Access the course when you want.
- Learn at your own pace.
- To access the course, you need a computer, tablet, phone or other internet device.
- You will be required to set up a user account with 2-Factor Authentication.
- All registrants receive a Certificate of Completion when they complete the course.