Job Opportunities with Nelson and Pade, Inc.®! Join our Team!
We are hiring!
Nelson and Pade, Inc.® is a vibrant, growing company located in Montello, Wisconsin. We have a positive, high energy work environment in which dedication, hard work, inventiveness and initiative are rewarded. Meet the Nelson and Pade Team
Nelson and Pade, Inc.®, Montello, WI, offers aquaponic systems, training and consulting. In aquaponics, we raise fish and vegetables in a soilless, recirculating system without the use of pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers. We demonstrate this in new 14,000 sq. ft. aquaponic green house, which provides fresh vegetables and fish to our staff and community. We have 14,000 sq. ft. of shop space where we assemble systems that we sell and we have a comfortable and casual office in which the sales and daily business takes place.
1. Instructor/Sales Person
The person filling this full-time position will be an integral part of our education programs and sales team. The position includes providing education and instruction to clients on tours, in the Aquaponics Master Class, Extended Stay Learning Program and other classes. Additionally, the person filling this position will work with potential and existing clients, providing information on products and services in an effort to close sales and will provide technical support via email and phone to clients.
A working knowledge of all aquaponic system and greenhouse operations will require the person filling this position to initially participate in the daily operation of the 14,000-demonstration facility. Tasks include feed calculations and feeding fish, fish harvesting, filter maintenance, seeding, transplanting and harvesting, following Standard Operating Procedures for all tasks, monitoring and programming the alarm system, grow light timers and greenhouse controller and all other daily operations in the greenhouse. Overtime, as knowledge is gained, the involvement in the daily operations of the greenhouse will be decreased and the emphasis will shift to education and sales.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead tours of the facility for school groups, clubs, individuals and prospective clients
- Teach portions of the 3-day Aquaponics Master Class®
- Teach portions of 1-day classes: A Day in the Life and Business Opportunities
- Provide demonstration and guidance in the Extended Stay Learning Program (ESLP)
- Provide Technical support and assistance to clients
- Work with potential and existing clients to provide accurate and timely information on company products and services. Interactions are via phone, email and in person.
- Travel periodically for conferences, seminars and client visits
- Participate in the operation of the demonstration greenhouse
- Follow food safety protocols, Good Agriculture Practices, HACCP, FSMA and other requirements
- Be one of the team members on call for greenhouse or system problems
- Work with management team and fellow employees to ensure a cohesive, safe and quality work environment
Requirements and Skills :
- BS in Biology, horticulture, business or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience teaching or a willingness to become an educator
- Be a clear, concise and friendly speaker
- Experience in sales and business
- Experience or working knowledge of aquaponics
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn and share information
- Availability occasionally on weekends.
- Live within a 20-minute radius for quick response to greenhouse emergency situations
- Be willing and able to provide and follow instructions
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Hardworking, dedicated, self-motivated, positive attitude in a team environment
Training That Nelson and Pade, Inc. Will Provide to the Person Filling this Position
- Nelson and Pade, Inc. business operations, protocols and systems
- Nelson and Pade, Inc. sales process, products and philosophy
- Nelson and Pade, Inc. Greenhouse Standard Operating Procedures
- Daily operations in greenhouse
- Guidance on technical support and communications with clients
- Nelson and Pade, Inc. Master Class, ESLP and other course structure and content
This position has excellent growth potential. The individual filling this position will have opportunities for expanding their knowledge through advanced learning as well as opportunity for growth within the company.
This is a full-time salaried position
Benefits we Offer
Paid Time Off (10 days/year), Paid holidays (6 days/year), Optional Quality Health insurance, Optional 401k with 4% matching, Fresh naturally-grown produce from our greenhouse at no charge, Discount on products, Team events, lunches and outings
How to Apply
Send a resume, cover letter and any other relevant information to Rebecca Nelson, email@example.com; Nelson and Pade, Inc., PO Box 761, Montello, WI 53949, 608-297-8708. If available, please submit a video that demonstrates your teaching skills.
2. Greenhouse Assistant
The person filling this position will assist in the daily operation of Nelson and Pade, Inc.’s aquaponic greenhouses in Montello, WI. Additionally, this person will interface with the buyers of our produce and fish and deliver those products to local grocery stores, restaurants and schools. Greenhouse tasks will include: seeding, transplanting, harvesting and packaging of lettuce, greens and other vegetables, cleaning, delivering produce to local customers, feeding fish, record keeping, feeding fish, setting up the farm stand and, potentially, guiding greenhouse tours.
This position is part-time and will require work on weekends and weekdays.
The Nelson and Pade, Inc. management will provide guidance and training on all phases of the aquaponic greenhouse operation and greenhouse environmental control.
Requirements and Skills:
- A friendly demeanor and a joy of learning and sharing information
- Good verbal communication skills
- Clean driving record
- Hardworking, dedicated, meticulous, self-motivated and a positive attitude
- Be willing and able to take and follow instructions
- Be tidy and have the ability to recognize when things need to be cleaned
- Enjoy working in a greenhouse environment and raising plants and fish
- Experience in raising fish and/or plants is helpful
This position has excellent growth potential. The individual filling this position will have opportunities for expanding their knowledge through advanced learning.
Training we will provide
- Daily operation of the Nelson and Pade Inc.®, aquaponic greenhouses
- Aquaponics and Controlled Environment Agriculture
- Sustainable food production and sales
Benefits we Offer
Full-time employees: Health insurance, Paid Time Off and Paid holidays, Rewards for excellence program. All employees: 401k with matching, Fresh naturally-grown produce from our greenhouse, Team events, lunches and outings
3. Fish Filleter
Love fish and know how to clean them? Earn some extra money and some fish by helping us fillet. Fridays, 1-3 times per month, typically 8am – 3pm. Call us at 608-297-8708 if you are interested.
Join a growing, innovative company with a proven track record!
Nelson and Pade, Inc.®, the Most Trusted Name in Aquaponics®, is an innovative company with benefits and a bright future. If you are interested in joining our team and you have skills and experience that we need (see list below), please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 866-815-9734. We will train as needed and we will work with you to find the best position within our company. If you are motivated, hardworking and dedicated, we want to hear from you.
- Hands-on building; Assembly; Handy with tools; Equipment installation (involves travel); Plumbing
- Inventory Management; Software: MS Office, Fishbowl Inventory, QuickBooks;
- Excellent writing and verbal communications; Leadership; Educator; Organized,
- Meticulous and detail-oriented; Thrive in a busy work environment
- Aquaponics; Plant culture; hydroponics; Greenhouses and environmental control; Fish culture; aquaculture;
- Aquaculture engineering; Microbiology; Quality control; CAD drawing and engineering; Sales and marketing
- Cleaning and organization; Gardening and growing fresh food