Q1-2, 2021 – Advancing Aquaponic Food Production Globally
Sales of Nelson and Pade Aquaponic Systems continue to spread across the globe. Additionally the introduction of the online Aquaponics Master Class and other online course offerings are bringing comprehensive training to people everywhere, saving them the time, cost and inconvenience of travel. Other new developments and projects in early 2021 include:
- Additional commercial systems shipping to a client in Bulgaria
- 2 Systems shipping to a Mid Eastern country
- Collaborative development of indoor, community-based aquaponic farms in partnership with a well-known architect in the wellness and sustainability arena.
- New system orders for schools in multiple US states
- Updates to all system manuals and increased efficiencies in our manufacturing processes
Q4, 2020 – Filling the Demand for Commercial Aquaponic Systems Around the World
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, people around the world are looking to Nelson and Pade, Inc.® to provide complete, proven aquaponic systems, supplies, support and education. The transition to online learning is complete and individuals, businesses and schools are enrolled and learning about aquaponics through our professionally-created, comprehensive online modules.
Nelson and Pade, Inc.© is manufacturing aquaponic systems for new and existing customers, some of which include:
- Large Commercial w/LFB System, plus other equipment (5 containers full) for an existing customer on the island of Bonaire.
- Large Commercial w/LFB System, plus 2 F5 systems to clients in Bulgaria
- Large Commercial w/LFB System for an existing client in Oklahoma, the Osage Nation
- Large Commercial System and Small Commercial System for clients in Pennsylvania
- MicroFarm 3 System for to a client on the island of Barbados
- MicroFarm 3 System shipping to the country to Azerbaijan
The rebound is here, the need for fresh, quality food abounds and Nelson and Pade, Inc.© is committed to fulfilling these orders as well as many others that are in discussion.
Q2, 2020 Development of Online Learning
In response to customer demand, we have embarked on developing an extensive offering of online training. One of our first online students, Gail Wallace, had this to say, “Your products are inspirational, educational and the quality is outstanding. The idea of being able to listen to the class from home is truly great because I don’t have to spend a lot of money and time in hotels to see what you are doing. I truly admire all of the accomplishments you have made and all of the hard work.”
Q1, 2020 off to a Great Start!
As of late, Feb, 2020, sales of Commercial, Home and School Systems are booming. Multiple Large Commercial systems currently in our manufacturing que will be going to Delaware and Georgia. Home and School systems for clients in Utah, Texas, Iowa, Wisconsin and Florida will be shipping out! Our new 2019 growers are up and running!
Our first “A Day in the Life” class of 2020 was a great success! One attendee shared these comments: “I want you and your team to know that for me, it was an awesome experience and was more than worth the time. When I first walked in the greenhouse, it was like taking in a fresh breath of heaven… or at least as close as could be here on earth! It was easy to see that everyone enjoyed their jobs, and for me, after working in the same place for 30+ years, I actually envy your jobs, and now I hope that I will have the chance to experience that on a daily basis – hopefully sometime soon!”
Many New Commercial Aquaponic Farms in 2019!
December, 2019 – In addition to all of the Nelson and Pade, Inc aquaponic systems starting up in the US, there are numerous International clients who will be taking delivery of their aquaponic systems in late 2019. These include clients in these very diverse environments:
- Bonaire (Dutch Caribbean) – MicroFarm
- Iceland – Small Commercial
- United Arab Emerites – Family Plus
June, 2019 – Nelson and Pade, Inc.® is busy helping customers get started in their new commercial aquaponic farming ventures, with many new farms joining the Nelson and Pade Family of Growers providing fresh food, continuously and profitably, to their community.
Construction is nearing completion on all of these new commercial farms.
- Woodstock, IL – Large Commercial, with plans for expansion
- Monticello, IL – Large Commercial
- Shelbyville, KY – Large Commercial, with plans for expansion
- Dover, DE – Expanded Large Commercial, with plans for expansion
- Batavia, OH – Large Commercial with Living Filter Bed Add-on, with plans for expansion
- Gaithersburg, MD, Large Commercial
- Wisconsin – Small Commercial
Construction is beginning for clients on these new commercial farms:
- Madison, WV – Large Commercial with Living Filter Bed Add-on, with plans for expansion
- Rushville, MO – Large Commercial
And, several new aquaponic farms are in in the Nelson and Pade, Inc .® Project Planning Phase for these locations:
- LaValle, WI
- Sharon, PA
- Albany, NY
- Hillsboro, MO
- Dayton, OH
2019 Booming for Aquaponics in Schools and Universities
June, 2019 – As always, Nelson and Pade, Inc.® is a great resource for schools and Universities in the start-up and implementation of aquaponic systems and curriculums. So far this year, Nelson and Pade, Inc.® has shipped systems to 27 schools in 17 states and 2 countries!
Innovative and Inspirational Past Projects
Nelson and Pade, Inc.® Ships System to Malawi, Africa
Nelson and Pade, Inc. shipped a Clear Flow Aquaponic System® to Malawi. This project was funded and will be operated by Lakeland College. A team of students and staff from Lakeland College in Sheboygan, WI travelled to Malawi and helped install the system.
Mississauga Food Bank Ribbon Cutting
AquaGrow Farms at the Mississauga Food Bank in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada has launched! The food bank is using Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® to provide fresh food and education to the people of Mississauga. Rebecca Nelson, co-founder of Nelson and Pade, Inc. attended the Ribbon Cutting ceremony.
Aquaponics in the Survival Condo
Nelson and Pade, Inc.® has designed, built and installed a unique underground aquaponic system at the Survival Condo in Glasco, Kansas. www.survivalcondo.com We visited the facility and met project manager, Larry Hall, in October, 2011. During this visit, we took part in the filming of a documentary on the project for National Geographic Channel. The system was designed and built in mid 2012 and installed by our team in October, 2012.