Family Farm Market Aquaponic System
The Family Farm Market is the largest of the Home Food Production Systems, capable of annually producing 860 lbs. of fish and 6,900—11,500 heads of lettuce (or other vegetables), enough to provide fresh fish and vegetables to a family, with extra to sell at a farm stand or local farm market. The Family Farm Market system is a great way for a family to begin their aquaponics venture. The Family Farm Market has 4—200 gallon fish tanks and 12—4’ x 6’ plant grow beds.
- Complete Clear Flow Aquaponic System® – proven, science-based design includes four fish tanks and all filter tanks, tank drains, the raft tanks and rafts (cut and drilled), hand-crafted cedar tank stands for all fish, filter and raft tanks (assembly required), accellerated plant nursery, water pump and plumbing, gate valves and true union ball valves, air blower, aeration system and air diffusers, fish net, starter supply of grow cubes.
- Documentation and technical support:
- Aquaponic Food Production (RL Nelson) and Aquaponics Q and A books (J Rakocy)
- Assembly Manual and Operation Manual including SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Assembly and Grower Tech support (4 hours via email). Additional tech support available
|Family Farm Market|
|Estimated* lbs. of fish *Estimated pounds of fish is based on raising Nile Tilapia, under optimum conditions.||860 lbs/year|
|Estimated* number of heads of lettuce/greens *The amount of vegetables you will grow is dependent on climate, management, the amount of environmental control you have and whether you are using grow lights. Growing in a controlled environment greenhouse with high intensity grow lights will yield the best results. We have used lettuce as an example because it is commonly grown in aquaponics. Most other greens such as collards, chard, bok choi and herb varieties such as basil, chives and cilantro, can be grown using the same plant spacing. Other crops, such as tomatoes, eggplant, melons, beans, cucumbers, etc., can be grown using the appropriate plant spacing.||6,900 – 11.500/year|
130- – 220/week, average
|Size of vegetable grow bed (raft)||Raft: 12 – 4′ x 6′|
|Number and size of fish tanks||4 -200 gallon fish tank|
|Approximate space required:|
If you have limited space, you can order this system with one grow bed instead of two.
|24′ x 60′, 1,440 sq. ft.* *Does not need to meet this size exactly|
|Estimated amount of time required/day For feeding fish, maintaining filters, seeding, transplanting and harvesting||4-6 hour|
|Electrical Requirements call||6.7 amps @120V24/7|
|Crating Fee (if shipping via motor freight)||$525|
See optional equipment list for growing supplies, test kits, monitoring systems, tank heaters and more.