Our Business Campus
Nelson and Pade, Inc.®’s business campus is located on twelve acres in Montello, Wisconsin. The business campus is home to the main offices, the demonstration greenhouses and manufacturing buildings. The Campus includes:
- Offices for sales, management, CAD-drawings and technical support staff
- State-of-the-Art Greenhouses
- Manufacturing buildings for assembly and on-going development of our Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® that are shipped to customers around the world. Manufacturing includes:
- A 6,000 sq. ft. supply and inventory building, nicknamed “Big Blue”
- The original 8,000 sq. ft. manufacturing building
- 6,000 sq. ft. of shops where our hand-crafted wooden stands and metal frames are created.
The greenhouses are used for producing fish and vegetables on a commercial scale, education, research and demonstration. Includes:
14,000 sq. ft. fully-automated, naturally ventilated greenhouse that houses:
- Commercial Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®, fish nursery and purge systems
- Classroom for our education programs
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point: Aquaponics Innovation Center
1,000 sq. ft. “Home Food Production” greenhouse showcasing our home line of Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®
What We Grow
We have a commercial-scale Clear Flow Aquaponic System® in our demonstration greenhouse. This system annually produces 72,000 heads of lettuce, plus a variety of other vegetables, and 5,000 lbs. of fish.
We harvest continually, 12 months a year. The production levels and quality are consistent, year ‘round.
We sell the premium quality fresh fish and vegetables under the Montello Fresh™ label. Lettuce, kale and herbs are sold to local restaurants, grocery stores and schools and the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
We have a year ‘round farm stand where customers can purchase fresh lettuce, tilapia fish, herbs, kale, Swiss chard, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, celery and a variety of other vegetables grown in our Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®. Visit our Onsite Farm Stand, M-F, 8am – 5pm