Commercial Aquaponic Farm in Florida
|Project Type:||Small Commercial aquaponic farm in a controlled environment greenhouse|
|Area:||2,880 sq. ft.|
|Nelson and Pade, Inc. Systems:||Small Commercial with Living Filter Beds|
|Project Mission and goals:||To profitably grow and sell fresh fish and vegetables, year-round to clients in the region.|
|Crops Produced:||Tilapia, lettuce, greens, swiss chard, kale, tomatoes, peppers|
|Customer Base:||Restaurants, retail to the general public|
- 1/2017 – Client attended Aquaponics Master Class
- 1/2018 – Client placed order for greenhouse and aquaponic system and equipment
- Fall/2017 –Winter/2018 – Greenhouse site preparation, infrastructure and logistics
- Spring, Summer/2018 – Greenhouse is constructed and aquaponic system built
- July/ 2018 – Client attended ESLP (Extended Stay Learning Program) at Nelson and Pade, Inc.
- Fall/2018 – Begin selling fresh vegetables to buyers in the region
- Late Fall/2018 – Commercial aquaponic farm in operation
what our client saysI wanted to thank you for last week's ESLP (Extended Stay Learning Program). I thought your Team did an outstanding job and really represented Nelson and Pade well! They were extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and made the week really pleasant.
This commercial aquaponics farm was established and the owner has been successful in their operation and marketing and are running the system at full capacity.