Commercial Aquaponics in Kentucky
|Project Type:||Commercial aquaponic farm in a controlled environment greenhouse|
|Area:||8,000 sq. ft., with room for expansion|
|Nelson and Pade, Inc. Systems:||Large Commercial with Living Filter Beds|
|Project Mission and goals:||To profitably grow and sell fresh fish and vegetables, year-round to clients in the region.|
|Crops Produced:||Tilapia, lettuce, greens, swiss chard, kale, tomatoes|
|Customer Base:||Grocery stores, restaurants, Universities|
- 12/2016 – Client engaged in Project Planning
- 1/2017 – Client attended Aquaponics Master Class
- 10/2017 – Client placed order for greenhouse and aquaponic system and equipment
- Fall/2017 –Winter/2018 – Greenhouse site preparation, infrastructure and logistics
- Spring, Summer/2018 – Greenhouse is constructed and aquaponic system built
- Spring, Summer/2018 – Media coverage by local TV, radio and other media outlets began
- Summer/2018 – July/ 2018 – Client attended ESLP (Extended Stay Learning Program) at Nelson and Pade, Inc.
- Summer/ 2018 – Client began marketing crops
- Fall/2018 – Begin selling fresh vegetables to buyers in the region
- Late Fall/2018 – Commercial aquaponic farm in operation
what our client saysWe chose the Nelson and Pade commercial aquaponics system because of their 30-year history of research and proven success. Nelson and Pade didn’t just sell us a system, they have been there for us every step of the way, from the Master Class all the way through our Extended Stay Learning. The entire staff has provided and continues to provide support via emails and phone calls as needed. They have even made multiple visits to OUR greenhouse. We are so happy to be part of the Nelson and Pade family!
This commercial aquaponics farm was established as a family business. They have been successful in their operation and marketing and are running the system at full capacity.