Nelson and Pade, Inc.® History and Achievements
Highlights from the past 30 years:
- August-Nominated for WMC “Coolest Thing Made in Wisconsin”
- August – Awarded Friend of the Environment Award by WI Manufacturing Council
- June-August – Senior Management Team attends and graduates from ExporTech
- Continuous growth brings the employee count to 25!
- June – Awarded WI Sustainable Product of the Year Award by the WI Sustainability Council
- May – Finalist for the WI Governor’s Export Achievement Award
- Launching License Programs in Canada and Bulgaria
- Nov- Celebration of Aquaponics Master Class® attendees from 100+ Countries
- Nov – Nominated and Finalist for The Force for Positive Change Award
- Oct – Nelson and Pade, Inc.® created the world’s first 3D Virtual Reality Aquaponics Greenhouse Tour
- Nelson and Pade, Inc.® was awarded the first Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) Aquaponics Certification
- Received our second patent on Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® with ZDEP®
- June 15, 2015 – Announce increased production on all of our patented Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® with ZDEP®
- April 23-25 – Hosted the Grand Opening of our new, expanded greenhouses facilities and the UWSP-Aquaponics Innovation Center
- We’ve now had attendees of our Aquaponics Master Class™ from all 50 states and 85 countries, spanning 5 continents
- Nelson and Pade, Inc.® continues to experience consistant growth and expanding customer base
- We are finishing construction on a brand new 14,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art aquaponics greenhouse facility at our Montello campus, a part of which will house the new UW-Stevens Point Aquaponics Innovation Center
- As of mid-2014, we have had attendees from over 60 countries and 49 US states attend our Aquaponics Master Class!
- Received “Sustainable Product of the Year” Award for our Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® with ZDEP® from the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council
- Granted patent from the USPTO office on the ZDEP® (Zero Discharge/Extra Production) aquaponic system
- Nominated for Innovative Product of the Year
- Helped to launch the International Aquaponic Society
- Expanded our product offerings
- Had attendees from 4 continents attend our Spring, 2013 Aquaponics Master Class™
- As of Dec, 2013, we have now had attendees of our Aquaponics Master Class™ from 46 countries and 49 US states
- Area Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® cover will nearly double by the end of 2013
- Co-developed the first hybrid University aquaponics course in partnership with UW-Stevens Point
- Spring, 2012 – Announced new aquaponic systems, options and equipment
- Increased workshop attendance to nearly 500 people from 23 counties and 48 US states
- Announced the new ZDEP® aquaponic systems which increases plant production and eliminates waste.
- Established partnership with UW-Stevens Point to offer University credit to attendees of Nelson and Pade, Inc.® workshops
- Implemented project with University of Hawaii and Hawaii Dept. of Labor to offer job training and demonstration of Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® in Hawaii
- Built and shipped Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® to clients in locations including: Trinidad, Mexico, Curacao, Montana, New York, Kansas, Maryland, Idaho, Virginia, Wisconsin, Iowa and California
- 2010 – Built a new 5,000 sq ft demonstration greenhouse
- Moved into larger facility to accommodate growth
- Taught aquaponics to over 200 people from 28 states and 12 countries in our workshops and extended stay learning programs
- Shipped 20 complete Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® to customers in North America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia
- Built, shipped and began the installation of the first Living Food Bank® Aquaponic System in Haiti.
- Designed and installed two large commercial aquaponic facilities in Wisconsin (KP Simply Fresh in Baraboo, Future Farm in Baldwin)
- Resumed our workshops and training (initially started in California in 1997)
- Welcomed Dr. James Rakocy to our Board of Advisors.
- Wrote and published the first comprehensive book on aquaponics, Aquaponic Food Production
- Began offering complete aquaponic system packages for all applications including commercial, education, home food production and research
- Installed an aquaponic system at the University of the Virgin Islands.
- Relocated the business to Wisconsin from Mariposa, California.
- Began offering custom aquaponic systems.
- Taught the first aquaponics workshops in Australia.
- Wrote and produced the first video on aquaponics, Aquaponic Food Production, available in English and Spanish.
- Planned and assisted in the installation of 1/3 acre aquaponic system in Illinois.
- Designed and installed a 1/2 acre aquaponic facility in California
- Wrote and published the booklet Desktop Aquaponics (updated in 2004)
- Began offering project planning and system design services
- Continued building and testing various aquaponic systems, research and development.
- Wrote Aquaponics Curriculum (now used in schools throughout the world); continued aquaponics research.
- Built numerous controlled environment greenhouse using hydroponics, organic hydroponics and aquaponics throughout the United States.
- Began publishing the Aquaponics Journal (62 issues published to date)
- Continued aquaponics research
- Offered the first aquaponics workshop
- Wrote and produced the interactive CD-Rom, All About Aquaculture
- Wrote and published the book set, How to Start and Succeed in the Hydroponics Business (updated in 2000 and 2004).
- Established aquaponics.com website
- Wrote and produced the interactive CD-Rom, The Encyclopedia of Hydroponic Gardening, wrote and produced the video, Hobby Hydroponics.
- Operated a variety of aquaponic systems in our California greenhouses and raised largemouth bass, catfish, bluegill, koi and fancy goldfish along with a variety of vegetables that were commercially sold.
- Converted 3,000 sq ft hydroponic greenhouse to aquaponics.
- Began building aquaponic systems, testing design theories in California greenhouses.
- Built second controlled environment hydroponic greenhouse.
- Built 5,000 sq ft hydroponic greenhouse; wrote and produced the video, Commercial Hydroponics.
- Wrote and produced the first video on hydroponics, “Hydroponics: Set Up, Care and Maintenance”; built first 4-bay hydroponic controlled environment greenhouse in Wisconsin.