Family Plus Aquaponic System
The Family Plus is great for home food production and big enough that you’ll likely have extra to share with friends or family. Like the Home Garden, the Family Plus is a raft aquaponic system that has four fish tanks. But, it is twice as big as the Home Garden! It can annually produce 460 lbs. of fish and 2,700 – 4,860 heads of lettuce (or other vegetables). The Family Plus has 4—4-110 gallon fish tanks and 6—4’ x 6’ plant grow beds.
- Complete Clear Flow Aquaponic System® – proven, science-based design includes four fish tanks and all filter tanks, tank drains, the raft tanks and rafts (cut and drilled), hand-crafted cedar tank stands for all fish, filter and raft tanks (assembly required), water pump and plumbing, gate valves and true union ball valves, air blower, aeration system and air diffusers, fish net, starter supply of grow cubes.
- Documentation and technical support:
- Aquaponic Food Production (RL Nelson) and Aquaponics Q and A books (J Rakocy)
- Assembly Manual and Operation Manual including SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Assembly and Grower Tech support (4 hours via email). Additional tech support available
|Estimated* lbs. of fish
*Estimated pounds of fish is based on raising Nile Tilapia, under optimum conditions.
|Estimated* number of heads of lettuce/greens
*The amount of vegetables you will grow is dependent on climate, management, the amount of environmental control you have and whether you are using grow lights. Growing in a controlled environment greenhouse with high intensity grow lights will yield the best results. We have used lettuce as an example because it is commonly grown in aquaponics. Most other greens such as collards, chard, bok choi and herb varieties such as basil, chives and cilantro, can be grown using the same plant spacing. Other crops, such as tomatoes, eggplant, melons, beans, cucumbers, etc., can be grown using the appropriate plant spacing.
51 – 95/week, average
|Size of vegetable grow bed (raft)||Raft: 6 – 4′ x 6′|
|Number and size of fish tanks||4 -110 gallon fish tank|
|Approximate space required:If you have limited space, you can order this system with one grow bed instead of two.||24′ x 36′, 864 sq. ft.*
*Does not need to meet this size exactly
|Estimated amount of time required/day
For feeding fish, maintaining filters, seeding, transplanting and harvesting
|Electrical Requirements call||2.8 amps @120V24/7|
|Crating Fee (if shipping via motor freight)||$425|
See optional equipment list for growing supplies, test kits, monitoring systems, tank heaters and more.